Keeping in view the monthly requirements of the general public, the Regular Income Certificates (RICs) with a maturity period of five years were launched on February 2, 1993.
RICs are available in the denominations of:
- 50,000/-, Rs. 100,000/-, Rs. 500,000/-, Rs. 1,000,000/-, Rs.5,000,000/-, Rs.10,000,000/-
Profit is paid on monthly basis started from the date of issue of certificates.
All Pakistani Nationals as well as Foreign Nationals can purchase RICs being a single adult, a minor or two adults jointly where the payments can be received either by the both jointly (Joint-A) or any one of the holders (Joint-B). An adult can also purchase RIC on behalf of a single minor, two minors jointly or as a joint with a minor. Institutions may also invest their Employees’ related funds such as pension, gratuity, superannuation, contributory provident fund and trusty fund etc.
RIC can be purchased from any National Savings Centre (NSC), Pakistan Post Office (PPO) or authorized branch of a Scheduled Bank and the State Bank of Pakistan (SBP) by filling in the SC-1 (Application form), available free of cost from all the above issuing offices.
Documents Required with the Application Form
- A copy of the Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC)
- A copy of National Identity Card for Overseas Pakistanis (NICOP) or Pakistan Origin Card (POC)
- A copy of Form B or Child Registration Certificate (CRC) as issued by NADRA
- An attested copy of NTN Certificate or Institutional Registration Certificate (IRC).
- A copy of the Passport
To download application form, please click here.
RIC can be purchased by depositing cash at the Issuing Office or by presenting a cheque/ draft/ pay-order. The Certificate shall be issued immediately against the cash payment. However, in case of deposit through cheque/ draft/ pay-order, the Certificate shall be issued with effect from the date of realization of the cheque/ draft/ pay-order after receiving the clearance advice.
- Minimum: Rs. 50,000/-
- No maximum investment limits
RIC can be encashed at any time and service charges shall be deducted on the following rates: RIC can be encashed any time after issuance subject to the deduction of service charges If enchased before completion of 1, 2, 3 and 4 years from the date of issue: then 2 %,1.50%, 1%, and 0.50% service charges of the face value shall be deducted. There will no service charges after the completion of 4 years.
The Certificates issued/ purchased/ reinvested on or after November 15, 2010 shall not be reinvested on maturity.
The rate of tax to be deducted shall be as follows:
- Filers: In case the payable profit is Rs 500,000/- or above ,the rate shall be 15% on such profit.however in case profit is less than Rs 500,000/- the rate of WHT shall be 10% of the yield/profit.
- Non-Filers: In case the payable profit is Rs 500,000/- or above ,the rate shall be 30% on such profit.however in case profit is less than Rs 500,000/- the rate of WHT shall be 20% of the yield/profit.