Shuhadas Family Welfare Account (SFWA) is offered to benefit the families of Shuhadas of Armed Forces,Law Enforcement agencies and civilians to invest in a way for providing maximum social security net to the deserving segment of society.through introduction of this scheme, the basket of specialized National Savings Scheme will now cover senior citizen, pensioner,widow, physically challenged persons and family members of the Shuhada.
Shuhdas Family Welfare Account can be opened by eligible family member of martyr,who is citizen of pakistan.
The Shuhdas Family Welfare Account can be opened at any National Savings Centre (NSC) by filling DA-I (Application Form), available free of cost from all issuing offices.
Documents Required with the Application Form
- A copy of the Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC)
- A copy of National Identity Card for Overseas Pakistanis (NICOP)
- A copy of Form B or Child Registration Certificate (CRC) along with CNIC of guardian appointed by competent court of law.
- In Case of Civilians:
- Certificate by concerned Assistant Comissioner or Deputy Comissioner or any other authority notified by the Government,as the case may be,to the extent that :
- Death of the Civilian is due to the terrorist attack ;and the deceased has been compensated or, as the case may be, not compensated by the Federal or Provincial Government,local Government or any other authority or Government;
- In Case of Personnel of Armed Forces, paramilitary forces, law- enforcement agencies, Civilian Forces;
- Certificate of martyrdom by the concerned department; and any other document as required by the Director General
Cash/ Cross Cheque/Bank Draft/ Pay-Order or such other instruments accepted for financial transactions However, in case of deposit through cash, the Account shall be opened immediately on the same date, whereas, in case of deposit through cheque/ draft/ pay-order, the Account shall be opened from the date of the realization of such cheque/ draft/ pay-order after receipt of realization advice.
- Minimum: Rs.10000/-
- Maximum investment limit : 5000000/-
- Only one Account can be opened by an eligible family member.
The account holder may withdraw the principal amount of his account at any time through withdrawlslip issued for the purpose of principal withdrawal.
Profit shall be calculated on daily balances maintained in a calender month and shall be payable on or after the first day of next calender month,in accordance with such rate as the Finance Division may notify in the official Gazette from time to time for the purpose,a savings account shall be mandatory for credit of monthly profit.
For rates click here.
Profit on the account shall be exempt from deduction of withholding tax in accordance with the applicable law.
The rules relating to deduction of Zakat on the Behbood Savings Certificates shall apply to Shuhada Family Welfare Account wherein no zakat is deductible.