The Government of Pakistan launched Short Term Savings Certificates (STSCs) scheme on July 1, 2012. The scheme has been specifically designed to meet the short term financial requirements of the depositors. STSCs is pledge-able and having 3-month, 6-month and 1-year maturity scheme.
Available denominations are:
- 10,000/-, Rs. 50,000/-, Rs. 100,000/-, Rs. 500,000/-, Rs. 1,000,000/, Rs. 5,000,000/-, Rs. 10,000,000/-
All Pakistani Nationals as well as Foreign Nationals can purchase STSCs being a single adult, a minor or two adults jointly where the payments can be received either by the both jointly (Joint-A) or any one of the holders (Joint-B). An adult can also purchase STSCs on behalf of a single minor, two minors jointly or as a joint with a minor. Institutions may also invest their employees related funds such as pension, gratuity, superannuation, contributory provident fund and trusty fund etc.
STSC can be purchased from any National Savings Centre (NSC) by filling in the SC-1 (Application form), available free of cost from all NSCs.
Documents Required with the Application Form
- A copy of the Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC)
- A copy of National Identity Card for Overseas Pakistanis (NICOP) or Pakistan Origin Card (POC)
- A copy of Form B or Child Registration Certificate (CRC) as issued by NADRA
- An attested copy of NTN Certificate or Institutional Registration Certificate (IRC).
- A copy of the Passport
To download application form in editable Adobe Acrobat format, please click here, please click here.
STSC can be purchased by depositing cash at the Issuing Office or by presenting a cheque/ draft/ pay-order. The Certificate shall be issued immediately against the cash payment. However, in the case of deposit through cheque/ draft/ pay-order, the Certificate shall be issued with effect from the date of realization of the cheque/ draft/ pay-order after receiving the clearance advice.
- Minimum: Rs. 10,000/-
- No maximum investment limits
STSCs shall be encashed at the office of the issue but not earlier than one month from the date of issuance. However, profit shall be due on completion of the maturity period.
The rate of tax to be deducted shall be as follows:
- Filers: 10% of the yield/ profit
- Non-Filers: 17.5% of the yield/ profit; however, the rate shall be 10% if the yield or profit paid is less than Rs. 500,000/-.
The investment made in STSCs shall be exempted from collection of Zakat.